Integrated Product Development Method
Team | Swagata Ashwani | Michael Brough | Janice Chen | Manchit Rajani | Hanyuan Zhang
Process | Background Research, Social/Economic/Tech Trends, Product Opportunity Gaps, Value Opportunity Analysis, Persona and Scenario Developments, Ideation, Concept prototyping, and User Feedbacks.
TOP 3 PRODUCT OPPORTUNITY GAPs
Current State: Key Issues
- Dogs have to be lifted onto the examination table
- unfamiliar smells and sounds
- strange medical instruments
- dogs need to be restrained for further examination or treatment
final PRODUCT OPPORTUNITY GAP
Improve the vet clinic’s examination room experience by introducing calming sensations and reducing stress triggers.
- Name: Jamie
- Age: 33
- Marital Status: Married with 2 kids
- Quote: “Caring for animals is not my job, it’s my passion!”
- Jamie is a licensed Veterinarian physician. She loves working with dogs but she knows vet visits can be stressful. She’s always on guard in case a dog lashes out trying to bite her. She wishes there was a way to calm them down.
- Name: JackieD
- Age: 4
- Gender: Female
- Breed: Husky
- Quote: “OUUUUUUUUUU….. Oooooooo”
- JackieD loves to run around and have fun but absolutely hates visits to the vet. She always hides behinds her owner’s legs when the vet comes in and her least favorite part of the visit is getting up on the table and approached with unfamiliar objects.
Top 2 Concepts + USER FEEDBACK
We created low fidelity prototypes and initial concept sketches to show to our potential users. As a team, we visited local veterinarians and dog owners for critical feedback on the usability of our top 2 concepts.